Musings from the Sunnyside Library - Jan. 2022
Happy New Year! Every new year brings a time of reflection of the past year and goals for the new one. At the Sunnyside Library, this is a new year in many ways. You notice the new title on this article, “Musings from the Sunnyside Library”. Beginning this year, 2022, we are bringing the Eiland Center Library and Highlands Library together under one umbrella. So we will now begin to referring to them as the Eiland Center Branch and the Highlands Branch.
Our Goals in 2022
- Merge the two library committees together.
- Integrate common tasks, such as acquisitions, data management, and activities/publicity.
- Enter the Eiland Center books into the digital data base—Tiny Cat.
- Train all library volunteers in the use of Tiny Cat and begin training residents, as well.
- Introduce some new library activities for AL and HC.
- A grand opening of our Sunnyside Library as part of the 110th Anniversary Celebrations of Sunnyside
There are more things floating around in our minds but you will have to wait for another Musings article!
Book Clubs Sunny Readers January 12, 3:30 p.m., Shenandoah Room, Highlands Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker—by Jennifer Chiaverini
February 9, 3:00 p.m., 4263 Grattan Price Dr.
My Dear Hamilton by Eliza Schuyler Hamilton
January 25, 10:00 a.m., Shenandoah Room, Highlands
Through the Palace Keyhole by Ann Hutchison Sawalha
Who Dun It Club
February 2, 1:30 p.m., Sunnyside Room
The Templar Legacy, by Steve Berry
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear Daille Pettit, one of our residents, talk about her personal friend, Ann Hutchison Sawalha at the January 25 meeting of the Shenandoah Readers. All are welcome.
Volunteers We are always looking for volunteers for our library. There are behind the scenes tasks, as well as one-on-one, groups, etc. We would love to find a place where you can use your talents and share your love for the library. Interested? Contact Barbara Boothe at email@example.com or x 8629.